An incremental release of Cheap Gas! (Version 1.9, free version) is coming soon and is now being reviewed by Apple.
This release is mostly cosmetic, with the following changes:
- Improved “heads up” grade pricing screen
- GPS proximity sensitivity screen removed, because it was more confusing than helpful
- About screen redesigned with links to other apps
UPDATE: In record time (less than 24 hours!) Apple has approved the updated version. Schweet!
I’ll say it again.
The greatest thing about Social Media is transparency. And the worst thing about Social Media is transparency.
But on the plus side, it has kept my mouth (and keyboard) silent this morning, and we should all be thankful and grateful for that.
There. All better now.
I had submitted my avatar some months back and had totally forgotten to check the book when it came out to see if I made the cut. Three months late is better than never.
I’m on the third column from the left, seven down. Big giant cartoon head. Can’t miss me.
- I can juggle.
- I actually had Cat Scratch Fever as a child. My parents thought I had cancer. Still remember the needle they used to drain the lymph node under my arm.
- I was captain of my high school football team and got to kiss the homecoming queen. We went 1-9 my Senior Year (sorry, Lebanon High School).
- My childhood home burned while I was in College and most of the material things I grew up with were lost.
- I have 20-19 vision in my left eye (though I need reading glasses for the close up stuff) and 20-90 vision in my right eye. I had eye surgery when I was in the first grade to correct my Amblyopia, with mostly successful results. Oddly, I have great spatial vision (played catcher and center field as a youth) though I can’t enjoy 3-D movies or ViewMasters.
- I love cold turkey sandwiches after the holidays more than the turkey served on the holiday itself.
- The first thing I bought with my first “real” paycheck was an eight track tape player from Radio Shack when I was fourteen years old. A whopping $148 for a week’s work at a construction site.
Last weekend we had a great hockey tournament here in Orlando, hosted by the RDV Sportsplex. The staff and management of the RDV Sportsplex Ice Den were wonderful hosts and every game started when they were supposed to. Well done.
And while I am at it, I would like to extend a personal thank you to Debby Kwasman, Ice Den Director. She took what was a negative customer service experience (mentioned here), turned it into a good teaching moment for her staff, and made a big effort to make things right by the boys and the OYHA coaches.
I had the opportunity to meet Debby and thank her for the steps she has taken to address the situation that occurred. It’s hard doing the job she has to do – dealing with us sports parents – and I appreciate how professionally and courteously she handled this. Well done.
Here is an extract from Debby’s letter to OYHA (redacted for personal information):
I was able to visit with specific members of my team during the
holidays. The individuals involved in this incident have been
appropriately disciplined as per our policies. They understand the
ramifications of their actions and they have spent time in my office
discussing what they learned from this experience and what they would
change if anything similar were to occur in the future.
I would like to extend two opportunities to the Squirt and the Pee Wee
teams to help the re-acclimate to RDV. On Thursday, January 15th, RDV
Sportsplex Ice Den would like to host a pizza party for these players
and the coaches and their immediate families after practice. We can meet
in the party rooms and RDV will provide pizza and drinks.
Secondly, I would like my skate patrol team member to have a few minutes
to address the players and coaches. She is enrolled in a class during
the pizza party, but she will be available prior to their practice on
that Thursday night. She will formally apologize directly to the players
and the coaches before they get on the ice.
We are looking forward to a great MLK tournament and that will have my
attention next week as well.
RDV Sportsplex Ice Den